Friday 1 January 2016

The Best Thing I've....



Read | I'm getting myself the Game of Thrones books to read. I also want to fill in all the gaps in my Terry Pratchett reading as well.



Watched | I have finally caved and started watching Game of Thrones. You were all right, it is very good.


Heard | Really loving me a bit of Jenny Lee at the moment:

Also Courtney Barnett:

Made | Loads of makes on the go at the moment. Quilts, crochet, sewing and scrapbooking up to my eyeballs as usual in WIPs. A project I am most excited about is my studio Ghibli playset that I am making for my Niece's up coming second birthday. I am crocheting the Totoro characters and a large Cat Bus for them all to fit into. The patterns will be available for free on this blog.
So far I have completed a Chibi Totoro you can find the pattern here



Worn | Mainly enormous jumpers as it's starting to get chilly on the mountain. Also a lovely scarf that my sister got me for Christmas, a really wide and really long one. The way a scarf should be!



And Lastly ... I'm thinking about my to-do lists this year a lot. For Myself and for the boys.


For myself,

  • Lose weight 
  • Do my bookkeeping qualifications 
  • One day trip a week with the boys 
  • Get outside everyday 
  • Go to the caravan more 
  • Visit the Pratchett's in Oxford 
  • Start playing a musical instrument again 
  • Read more 


The boys list is more a list of the places I want to take them this year.

Bristol Zoo
An Aquarium
Legoland
Ape Sanctuary
St Fagans
Noah's Ark Zoo
Margam lots with Aunty Hannah
Big Pit
Raglan Castle
Caerleon Baths, Museum, barracks and Amphitheatre
Chepstow Castle
Oakwood
Techniquest
Newport Wetlands
Caldicot Castle
Festival Park Owl sanctuary
Walnut Tree Farm Park
Pontypool and Blaenavon Steam Railway
Twmbarlwm
Folly Tower
Neath Abbey
Swimming at least once a fortnight if we can.
Pontypridd Pit Pony Sanctuary
Wookey Hole
Cardiff Museum, I have a feeling we are going to have to go here often to see those flipping Mammoths.


There will be lots more to add to this as the year goes on I am sure!

(I pinched this from Eileen at In My Playroom)

No comments:

Post a Comment